Monday, December 1, 2008

Matthew left before 6:00 am on Thanksgiving morning. The snow started to fall that evening and by Friday morning there was a couple of inches of fluffy white snow on the ground. They had gotten an early snow about 3 weeks before we arrived and there was still a lot on the ground. Thursday night's snow was so beautiful. Hayley wasn't looking forward to snow because the last time we were there while it snowed she got deathly ill. She changed her mind and was out running around in it and taking pictures. What a great treat!

Getting the snow off the car with a credit card. We have a scraper on the list for our next trip.


Debbie, Hayley and myself had planned to drive to Creede (about 1 hour away) on Friday for their annual Chocolate Festival. The festival was a bit of a dud but the drive was spectacular.

Pebbles playing in the snow. She would run around and take a bite of snow and all of a sudden she would "freeze" in mid step. I learned that means "Pick me up! I'm cold and I can't move". She was a good sport considering how tiny she is. It took no time at all for her to ice up.





1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Okay, so I messed up on the first post! Anyway, I was just going to say I was so jealous ... you get snow and beautiful scenery! Only problem I see is ... where are the Mickey ears?!?!?