Thursday, January 14, 2010

Moving Day Card

I made this Moving Day card for someone special that God entrusted Mike and I to raise for the last 18 years, 4 months and one day (who's counting?). I am one heart broken mama as I finally quit begging and even bribing our youngest child to stay "just a while longer".  She is so eager to get out there and spread her wings and start a life for herself. "Hard-headed", "determined" or "stubborn"  may have been used to describe my wonderful Hayley once or twice but I trust that she will be fine. Recently however, I am the one I've had concerns about. I am really hurting! I am working very hard at turning my beautiful child over to God and trusting His plan for her life. I truly believe God has great things in store for my Hayley. I know the more productive thing for me to do is to pray for her safety and that this step into indepedence strengthens her relationsip with Jesus.

I put a little care package together for her and made the card to go inside.   Pebbles had to sit on my lap while I made it. Dog fuzz and tears just made it that much better!
Peace,
Robyn

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Cute card. My heart is breaking with you, but you and Mike have been wonderful parents and Hayley will take all the love, lessons, and faith you have shared with her where ever she goes. (((hugs)))

magicwanda said...

Awwwwww
Robyn
This brought back memories of when mine left...It really hurts I know, It broke my heart when my Daughter left I begged cryed and pleaded ( isn't that sad )....
But I had to let her go..Empty nest is not fun ..but you learn how to keep busy ...and in return God blessed me with a Grand Daughter .Big Big Hugs to you my Friend...Wanda

Nicole said...

You're such a good mom, loving unconditionally! Hang in there. She'll be ok. Keep reminding yourself that although you can't imagine anyone loving her more that you- God does!

Cindy Haffner said...

Cute, cute, cute.

Tammy said...

Robyn that's so sweet!! I love your cards!! Thanks for leaving such a nice message on my blog ~ it's really great to hear feedback as I wish I could be there in person!!

ttyl,
Tammy